Personal project is a significant body of work produced over an extended period. It is a product of students’ own initiative and should reflect their experience of the MYP. The personal project holds a very important place in the programme. It provides an excellent opportunity for students to produce a truly creative piece of work of their own choice and to demonstrate the skills they have learned in approaches to learning.
It provides an opportunity for students to select a topic or theme about which they are enthusiastic, and to show commitment to the completion of their own project. It is designed to assess their ability to organize and create.
The personal project may take many forms, for example:
- an original work of art (visual, dramatic, or performance)
- a written piece of work on a special topic (literary, social, psychological, or anthropological)
- a piece of literary fiction (that is, creative writing)
- an original science experiment
- an invention or specially designed object or system
- the presentation of a developed business, management, or organizational plan (that is, for an entrepreneurial business or project), a special event, or the development of a new student or community organization.